EDUCATION & COMMUNITY
Everyone should be able to enjoy the pleasure of a shared experience of live musical theatre but there are many who need a helping hand. With support from our community, Mountain Play strives to expand access to our theatre experience by eliminating economic and physical barriers to participation.
- Increases engagement in live performing arts by exposing a broad audience to high quality musical theatre.
- Enriches lives by annually hosting underserved communities, introducing children and adults to a day in nature and their first theatre experience.
- Promotes environmental citizenship by bringing 12 to 15 thousand people each year to the State Park and providing education about their natural environment.
- Builds a healthy community by supporting organizations from retirement homes and Scout Troops to service organizations and local schools.
- Supports the local economy by bringing customers from three counties to patronize Marin's businesses.
- Enhances the quality of life in Marin by providing jobs and training for hundreds of theatre and musical artists each year.
Our many types of outreach:
Outreach to the Hearing Impaired
Outreach to the Physically Challenged
Outreach to Youth and Under-served Communities
Outreach to Seniors